We’re absolutely delighted to be launching a new group in Saltburn in February 2022 . The group will meet once per month at Emmanuel Echo Hall, Saltburn.
- Third Friday of the month between 19:00 and 21:00
15th July – Burlesque Workshop – This fun workshop is hosted by the super glamorous EbonySilk and the hilarious Boylesque star Duke De Milo, you’ll learn how to wear a feather boa in style as well as hear about the fascinating history of Burlesque. We’ll finish the night with a performance from the professionals!
19th August – Seaglass – Led by Fiona Marston Artisan Jewellery, the group will learnt the basics of how to make jewellery with wire and Seaglass. You can bring your own treasured pieces along to the session (we will have spares) and you will leave with something truly lovely!
16th September – Life Drawing Workshop – Working with contemporary figurative artist Bernadette Korantengthis workshop will take you through a step by step guide to life drawing, its lots of fun but the improvement you see of your drawings during the session is always amazing!
21st October – Macrame – Learn the art of this historic knotting technique. The lovely Jess from Knot Worth the Tassle will be leading the session and showing us how to make a gorgeous macrame keyring in a choice of threads. We’re super excited about this sessions and which is new to us at Pimm’s & Needles
18th November – Wreaths – Nothing gets us more in the Christmas Spirit than our Christmas Door Wreath making session with Ravensworth Nurseries. This session is a firm favourite with our ladies
16th December – Felting – We love Christmas Crafting! Our felted Christmas decorations have always been so popular and we’ve had some amazing results in our groups. We provide everything you need to make a lovely felted Christmas decoration
20th January – Mindfulness & Sleep Therapy – We’re delighted to welcome Emma Cook from the Tranquilty Room back to our groups, Emma’s works with blue chip companies and has changed the lives of many with her tips for getting a good nights sleep and being more mindful during their life. We rarely have speakers at Pimm’s & Needles but we know that Emma’s sessions are always a firm favourite
Group Host: Niki
1. How long have you been a member of Pimm’s & Needles and why did you want to host a group? I’ve been a member since last summer when the Guisborough group started. I joined the committee straight away and absolutely love it. Who wouldn’t want to be more involved!
2. What do you like best about the groups? I really enjoy crafts and learning new skills but I think the best thing is just the lovely way everyone is treated as though they’ve been friends forever. You can show up without knowing anyone and instantly feel welcome and part of something. I sometimes just sit back and watch how everyone is smiling and having so much fun.
3. What do you generally dislike? The problems with sea pollution. Animal cruelty.
4. What would be your perfect day? It would start with a dip in the sea followed by afternoon tea then a live band, the last two with my daughter.
5. What sweet treat do you love? A pacittos lemon top must be number one, closely followed by hotel Chocolat coffee and walnut selectors
6. Your favourite Pimm’s & Needles activity that you have done before? I’ve enjoyed them all, particularly glass fusing and the murder mystery.
7. Interesting or little known fact about you? I love fairgrounds and once stayed on a waltzer 27 rides in a row – only getting off because I’d run out of money!