Please read these Terms and Conditions carefully before using this site
- Your membership is for you only and is non transferrable to another person
- If you would like to change your “home” group (i.e the group that you originally assigned yourself to) permanently please contact us and we will check availability of your desired group. Some groups do run at full capacity all the time so unfortunately we can’t guarantee this will always be possible.
- If you are unable to attend the meeting at your “home” group, you can attend a meeting at another group instead within the same month by arrangement (contact us for more information).
- Your membership runs in consecutive months, if you are unable to attend a meeting in a month (to your home group or make any of the other groups) you cannot bank or rollover that session.
- You must be 18 years of age to become a member
- Babies, Children or anyone under the age of 18 are not permitted at meetings
- When helping yourself to tea & coffee please reuse the same cup / mug
- We base our membership fee on the basis that everyone contributes to helping out with taking a turn of helping with set up & serving refreshments. Please can everyone take their turn to do it once within the 6 month block.
- In usual (non Covid) times we ask everyone takes a turn to bring something for the cake (home made or shop bought) table to share with the group at least once during the 6 month block
- Please make an effort to be kind and courteous to others and if you see anyone on their own invite them to join you. We know that many of you do this already and it is one of the reasons our groups are so welcoming to new members.
Pregnancy / New Mums
- We offer a flexible membership for new mums as we appreciate you might not be able to attend every session. This offer is for a 6 month block following the arrival of your baby.
- The offer is that you can attend on a “pay as you go” basis and pay the same fee as a standard member. Just book in and confirm your attendance and pay online.
- Due to the variety of activities and tools and equipment that we use we use during our meetings we don’t feel that it is a safe environment for babies or children to attend and hence this is why we offer the flexible membership for breastfeeding or new mums.
Refreshment & Set Up Duty
- This should not impede your participation in the night’s activities at all
- We have a dedicated Refreshment Committee Member who will show you what to do and where everything is kept. Everything borrowed from the venue needs to be replaced from where it was taken.
- Anyone on refreshment duty is required to come along 6.30/6.40pm and help with setting up the room, this will include putting out tables and chairs (at certain groups), filling up the flasks, putting out cups and tea & coffee. Also putting cakes and treats that members have brought onto plates / cutting them up ready for the break.
- Tea & Coffee will be served during the break, members can help themselves just please ensure that the flasks are topped up with hot water.
- At the end of the session, cups should be collected and washed up. Cups should not be collected and washed up more than once in any one evening.
- Any help to clean tables, put furniture away and occasionally sweep the floor is much appreciated. We are usually ready to leave 15-20mins after the end of the session.
- If you can bring a cake along to share with the group when you are on refreshment duty it is helpful
- Taking a turn is a great way to talk to more people in the group and vital support for us running the group and being able to charge the membership prices that we do. If you don’t want to take part or feel unable please contact us to discuss
Renewal of Membership & Fees
- Membership’s run from January – June, and July to December.
- Members are given the chance to renew (until the end of December or June) before we offer places to people on the waiting lists or new members.
- Occasionally we have places where you can join for 5 months if the groups aren’t full, but we can’t guarantee these places.
- Where possible membership should be completed online, if this is not possible please contact us and we will arrange to do this at a meeting.
- In line with GDPR we will hold your personal details for a 6 month membership block after which you will have the option to re register or allow your membership to lapse.
- We will not share your personal details with any third parties.
- Membership is £54 for 6 months (£9 per session)
- As a member you will receive a monthly email with details of how to confirm your attendance, this is particularly important during COVID 19 secure meetings.
- Where and when available we will offer guest spaces at a fee of £12 per session, guest spaces can be booked online via our website in advance of the meeting. The availability of guest spaces will vary from month to month and group to group so we cannot guarentee these will always be available.
- There are some occasions where we do ask attendees to bring some equipment with them however we will send this information via an e.mail in advance of the meeting.
Other applicable terms
- Our Acceptable Use Policy, which sets out the permitted uses and prohibited uses of our site. When using our site, you must comply with this Acceptable Use Policy.
Information About Us
www.pimmsandneedles.co.uk is a site operated by Pimms and Needles CIC (“We“). We are registered in England and Wales under company number 10624312 and have our registered office at 7 Levy Way, Faverdale Industrial Estate, Darlington, DL3 0PG.
We are a community interest company.
Changes to these terms
Please check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we made, as they are binding on you.
Changes to our site
We may update our site from time to time, and may change the content at any time. However, please note that any of the content on our site may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update it.
We do not guarantee that our site, or any content on it, will be free from errors or omissions.
Accessing our site
Our site is made available free of charge.
We do not guarantee that our site, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. Access to our site is permitted on a temporary basis. We may suspend, withdraw, discontinue or change all or any part of our site without notice. We will not be liable to you if for any reason our site is unavailable at any time or for any period.
You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to our site.
Your account and password
If you choose, or you are provided with, a user identification code, password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential. You must not disclose it to any third party.
If you know or suspect that anyone other than you knows your user identification code or password, you must promptly notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Intellectual property rights
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our site, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from our site for your personal use and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to content posted on our site.
You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of content on our site must always be acknowledged.
You must not use any part of the content on our site for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
No reliance on information
The content on our site is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content on our site.
Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on our site, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on our site is accurate, complete or up-to-date.
Limitation of our liability
To the extent permitted by law, we exclude all conditions, warranties, representations or other terms which may apply to our site or any content on it, whether express or implied.
We will not be liable to any user for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with:
- use of, or inability to use, our site; or
- use of or reliance on any content displayed on our site.
If you are a business user, please note that in particular, we will not be liable for:
- loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue;
- business interruption;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation; or
- any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
If you are a consumer user, please note that we only provide our site for domestic and private use. You agree not to use our site for any commercial or business purposes, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a virus, distributed denial-of-service attack, or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our site or to your downloading of any content on it, or on any website linked to it.
We assume no responsibility for the content of websites linked on our site. Such links should not be interpreted as endorsement by us of those linked websites. We will not be liable for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
Uploading content to our site
Whenever you make use of a feature that allows you to upload content to our site, or to make contact with other users of our site, you must comply with the content standards set out in our Acceptable Use Policy.
You warrant that any such contribution does comply with those standards, and you will be liable to us and indemnify us for any breach of that warranty. If you are a consumer user, this means you will be responsible for any loss or damage we suffer as a result of your breach of warranty.
Any content you upload to our site will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary, and we have the right to use, copy, distribute and disclose to third parties any such content for any purpose.
We also have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any content posted or uploaded by you to our site constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy.
We will not be responsible, or liable to any third party, for the content or accuracy of any content posted by you or any other user of our site.
We have the right to remove any posting you make on our site if, in our opinion, your post does not comply with the content standards set out in our Acceptable Use Policy.
The views expressed by other users on our site do not represent our views or values.
We do not guarantee that our site will be secure or free from bugs or viruses.
You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform in order to access our site. You should use your own virus protection software.
You must not misuse our site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our site, the server on which our site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our site. You must not attack our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our site will cease immediately.
Linking to our site
You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it.
You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
You must not establish a link to our site in any website that is not owned by you.
Our site must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of our site other than the home page.
We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
The website in which you are linking must comply in all respects with the content standards set out in our Acceptable Use Policy.
If you wish to make any use of content on our site other than that set out above, please contact email@example.com.
Third party links and resources in our site
Where our site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only.
We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources.
To contact us, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for visiting our site.