The group usually meets once a month at Norton Methodist Church at the following times:
- Second Wednesday of the month between 19:00 and 21:00, starting February 2022
Our Meetings for the next few months
13th July – Paper Cutting – We have the fabulous Keely from KP Papercuts coming to host some sessions on the art of papercutting. We have offered papercutting kits in the past along with a zoom tutorial as its such a relaxing and mindful activity, we love it! Some of you may recognise Keely as she appeared on Kirstie’s Handmade Christmas last year so is hugely talented and passionate about her craft
10th August – Indian Food Workshop – We’re excited to have The Little Indian Streetfood joining us, their flavour packed dishes have even managed to convert those who don’t like Spicy or Indian Food, Cooking kits are also available to buy on the night and the demonstration & tasters are followed by Bangla Dancing, which you can watch or join in with!
14th September – Seaglass – Led by Fiona Marston Artisan Jewellery, the group will learnt the basics of how to make jewellery with wire and Seaglass. You can bring your own treasured pieces along to the session (we will have spares) and you will leave with something truly lovely!
12th October – Mindfulness & Sleep therapy – We’re delighted to welcome Emma Cook from the Tranquilty Room back to our groups, Emma’s works with blue chip companies and has changed the lives of many with her tips for getting a good nights sleep and being more mindful during their life. We rarely have speakers at Pimm’s & Needles but we know that Emma’s sessions are always a firm favourite
9th November – Wreaths – Nothing gets us more in the Christmas Spirit than our Christmas Door Wreath making session with Ravensworth Nurseries. This session is a firm favourite with our ladies
14th December – Felting – We love Christmas Crafting! Our felted Christmas decorations have always been so popular and we’ve had some amazing results in our groups. We provide everything you need to make a lovely felted Christmas decoration
11th January – Life Drawing Workshop – Working with contemporary figurative artist Bernadette Korantengthis workshop will take you through a step by step guide to life drawing, its lots of fun but the improvement you see of your drawings during the session is always amazing!
Group Host: Mary King
1. How long have you been a member of Pimm’s & Needles and why did you want to host a group? 2 1/2 years. I wanted to enable as many ladies as possible to be able to join and experience P & N, as I had enjoyed being a member so much.
2. What do you like best about the groups? Love travelling and finding new places.
3. What do you generally dislike? Cold fizzy drinks, tea and coffee!
4. What would be your perfect day? A lovely walk either at the beach or in the countryside with family and friends and then a meal together, either picnic/BBQ outdoors or back to my house for lovely meal round the dining table.
5. What sweet treat do you love? Dark chocolate
6. Your favourite Pimm’s & Needles activity that you have done before? Bulb lasagne (as I love watching the planter fill with flowers).
7. Interesting or little known fact about you? I have donated more than 60 pints of blood.