The group usually meets once a month at Northallerton Town Hall at the following times:
- Second Thursday of the month between 19:00 and 21:00
Our Meetings for the next few months
14th July – Mosaic Workshop – Working With Seagulls Reuse we will be offering this creative workshop where you can design your own door number or heart using broken tiles that have been saved from landfill. So if you break any ceramics don’t throw them away bring them along, we know you’ll be inspired from this fab session as we’re already addicted!
11th August – Macramé – Learn the art of this historic knotting technique. The lovely Jess from Knot Worth the Tassle will be leading the session and showing us how to make a gorgeous macramé keyring in a choice of threads. We’re super excited about this sessions and which is new to us at Pimm’s & Needles
8th September – Indian Food Workshop – We’re excited to have The Little Indian Streetfood joining us, their flavour packed dishes have even managed to convert those who don’t like Spicy or Indian Food, Cooking kits are also available to buy on the night and the demonstration & tasters are followed by Bangla Dancing, which you can watch or join in with!
13th October – Pom Pom making – There was such a flutter of excitement when we booked the Pompomorium when we saw Linzi’s leopard print PomPoms, Linzi will share all the secrets of how to make her gorgeous PomPoms which can be used to all kinds of fun accessories. We will be making cute little Pom Pom Flowers during the session
10th November – Wreaths – Nothing gets us more in the Christmas Spirit than our Christmas Door Wreath making session with Ravensworth Nurseries. This session is a firm favourite with our ladies
8th December – Quilling – Hayley will guide us all through the art of paper folding and rolling to create wonderful themed decorations for our Christmas trees
12th January – Seaglass – Led by Fiona Marston Artisan Jewellery, the group will learnt the basics of how to make jewellery with wire and Seaglass. You can bring your own treasured pieces along to the session (we will have spares) and you will leave with something truly lovely!
Group Host: Sharon Ferguson
1. How long have you been a member of Pimm’s & Needles and why did you want to host a group? I started as soon as Northallerton was launched and haven’t looked back.
2. What do you like best about the groups? I love how meeting all These women makes me feel, seeing new friendships blossom and confidence grow, and how everyone embraces the sessions.
3. What do you generally dislike? I dislike that I often can’t get round to chat to everyone but I do try.
4. What would be your perfect day? My perfect day would be wandering round a botanical garden with my boys, a nice lunch with cheese involved somewhere and then a girls night out.
5. What sweet treat do you love? I am not really a sweet food person, and I hate ice cream but a dime bar can win me round.
6. Your favourite Pimm’s & Needles activity that you have done before? I really enjoy the wreath making and hanging baskets but been a crazy plant lady that’s obvious.
7. Interesting or little known fact about you? I love to ride motorbikes and speak a little Japanese.