The group meets:
- The Second Friday of the month between 19:00 and 21:00
12th January – Glass Painting – please note change of activity. You’ll use your artistic talents to hand decorate a tea light holder with glass paints to make a unique gift for your home
9th February – Zentangle – A new workshop for Pimm’s and Needles. We will create beautiful images by drawing “tangles” by using lines, dots, curves and orbs. Zentangle helps increase focus, creativity and self-confidence.
8th March – Grease Sing Along – Ladies, you have been asking us for a singing session for quite some time and we are really excited to let you know that we have found Chris, from The Rise Up Project . Chris is passionate about creating a safe space for people to come and enjoy all the emotional and physical benefits of singing without fear or judgement, no matter what your vocal ability is. The themes of the session is going to be ‘Grease’ with a ‘Pink Lady’ dress code so dig out your pink t.shirts or you might even have a Sandra D outfit at the back of your wardrobe. We will also be fundraising with a tombola and raffle with the proceeds going to the ‘Breast Cancer Awareness’ charity as it’s an amazing cause that fits in with our pink evening perfectly. It’s going to be a fun session!
12th April – Felted 3D Animals – Our needle felting sessions have always been super popular, whether it’s making felted baubles or the 2D felted landscapes that we created at many of the groups in the last block of activities. It’s amazing what you can make within the workshop time-frame and we often find that members are delighted at the designs that can be achieved as a beginner. We’re going to be making 3D Felted animals this time with the help of local artist Fiona Marston. Whether it’s a fox or an Alpaca we’re sure you’ll all create some fabulous felted animals!
10th May – Driftwood Houses – You may have seen the adorable wooden miniature houses that have been springing up in giftshops. We are going to be making our own little homes with with Lynne from Forget me not art. Lynne is a super forager, she brings a huge assortment of wood in many shapes and sizes along with fabric, card, rusty nails and pieces of metal that most people wouldn’t look twice at. Lynne knows that all of these items look fabulous with a little bit of paint when incorporated into the design of your mini house scene. Our groups that did this activity in the last block absolutely loved it!
14th June – Eco Session – We have had several requests over the years to offer a session on sustainability and how to be thriftier. We are very excited for you to meet Ruth, from Ecologico, who managed to not buy anything new for a whole year! Ruth will be inspiring you with her story and will also bringing along her shop van, where she sells environmentally friendly items for the home. In addition, you will be taking part in a clothes swish, this is where everyone brings up to 6 items of pre-loved clean clothes, shoes or accessories. You will be given a ticket for every item you bring along and these tickets can then be placed on your desired items. It’s a super fun way to swap clothes and a great way to try something new! We’re sure you will enjoy this thrifty themed session!
12th July – Cookie Decorating – We’re delighted to be working with Jennie, the Cookie Fairy , who is an absolute joy to be around and also makes the most delicious cookies. Jennie will be bringing some of her yummy cookies along and showing us how to ice cookies like a professional! This is a hands-on workshop where we will all be having a go at icing. It will be interesting to see how many cookies make it out of the door and how many will get eaten before the session is over!
9th August – Folded Book Sculptures – Our upcycling queen Hayley will be teaching this session and breathing a new lease of life into old books. The art of book folding is a very clever concept that allows you to make beautiful paper sculptures. The technique is quite simple however it does require some patience and perseverance with folding! We know with Hayley’s guidance you will all create a fabulous piece of book art to take home. We have a selection of old books for you to use however you are welcome to bring along any books from home that you would like to upcycle.
We have spaces for new members to join us, just follow the link below to book!
Group Host: Niki
1. How long have you been a member of Pimm’s & Needles and why did you want to host a group? I’ve been a member since last summer when the Guisborough group started. I joined the committee straight away and absolutely love it. Who wouldn’t want to be more involved!
2. What do you like best about the groups? I really enjoy crafts and learning new skills but I think the best thing is just the lovely way everyone is treated as though they’ve been friends forever. You can show up without knowing anyone and instantly feel welcome and part of something. I sometimes just sit back and watch how everyone is smiling and having so much fun.
3. What do you generally dislike? The problems with sea pollution. Animal cruelty.
4. What would be your perfect day? It would start with a dip in the sea followed by afternoon tea then a live band, the last two with my daughter.
5. What sweet treat do you love? A pacittos lemon top must be number one, closely followed by hotel Chocolat coffee and walnut selectors
6. Your favourite Pimm’s & Needles activity that you have done before? I’ve enjoyed them all, particularly glass fusing and the murder mystery.
7. Interesting or little known fact about you? I love fairgrounds and once stayed on a waltzer 27 rides in a row – only getting off because I’d run out of money!