The Guisborough group meets once a month at St Nicholas Church Hall at the following times:
First Wednesday of the month from 19:00 – 21:00
Our Meetings for the next few months
6th July – Paper Cutting – We have the fabulous Keely from KP Papercuts coming to host some sessions on the art of papercutting. We have offered papercutting kits in the past along with a zoom tutorial as its such a relaxing and mindful activity, we love it! Some of you may recognise Keely as she appeared on Kirstie’s Handmade Christmas last year so is hugely talented and passionate about her craft.
3rd August – Seaglass – Led by Fiona Marston Artisan Jewellery, the group will learnt the basics of how to make jewellery with wire and Seaglass. You can bring your own treasured pieces along to the session (we will have spares) and you will leave with something truly lovely!
7th September – Water Colours – Led by local artist Denise Henderson, we will be letting the colours flow and using flowers for inspiration, this lovely medium is a very relaxing activity and you might even love it enough to take it up as a hobby!
5th October – Indian Food Workshop – We’re excited to have The Little Indian Streetfood joining us, their flavour packed dishes have even managed to convert those who don’t like Spicy or Indian Food, Cooking kits are also available to buy on the night and the demonstration & tasters are followed by Bangla Dancing, which you can watch or join in with!
2nd November – Wreaths – Nothing gets us more in the Christmas Spirit than our Christmas Door Wreath making session with Ravensworth Nurseries. This session is a firm favourite with our ladies
7th December – Lino printing and card making – Using a special lino cutting tool we’ll create a design to print onto card to craft our own cards
4th January – Mindfulness & Sleep therapy – We’re delighted to welcome Emma Cook from the Tranquilty Room back to our groups, Emma’s works with blue chip companies and has changed the lives of many with her tips for getting a good nights sleep and being more mindful during their life. We rarely have speakers at Pimm’s & Needles but we know that Emma’s sessions are always a firm favourite.
Group Host: Niki
1. How long have you been a member of Pimm’s & Needles and why did you want to host a group? I’ve been a member since last summer when the Guisborough group started. I joined the committee straight away and absolutely love it. Who wouldn’t want to be more involved!
2. What do you like best about the groups? I really enjoy crafts and learning new skills but I think the best thing is just the lovely way everyone is treated as though they’ve been friends forever. You can show up without knowing anyone and instantly feel welcome and part of something. I sometimes just sit back and watch how everyone is smiling and having so much fun.
3. What do you generally dislike? The problems with sea pollution. Animal cruelty.
4. What would be your perfect day? It would start with a dip in the sea followed by afternoon tea then a live band, the last two with my daughter.
5. What sweet treat do you love? A pacittos lemon top must be number one, closely followed by hotel Chocolat coffee and walnut selectors
6. Your favourite Pimm’s & Needles activity that you have done before? I’ve enjoyed them all, particularly glass fusing and the murder mystery.
7. Interesting or little known fact about you? I love fairgrounds and once stayed on a waltzer 27 rides in a row – only getting off because I’d run out of money!