We are moving in February to a new venue. This is to allow for more members to join. We will be meeting at the Parish Centre of St Cuthbert and St Mary church, Church Chare, Chester Street
The group will meet in the third Thursday of the month from 7.00-9.00pm
Our Meetings for the next few months
18th January – Painted Duck Workshop – We’re super excited to be able to offer this session where everyone will be painting an outfit on their very own wooden duck! Helen and Lesley from Just Like Home supply everything you need and have lots of hints and tips! The quirky wooden ducks have lots of personality so we can’t wait to see what you all do!
15th February – Kusadama Balls – You’ll be using a Japanese Origami paper folding technique to make self supporting, intricate balls! Be warned, these are highly addictive. Get your reading glasses on and have your fingers at the ready for Hayley to lead you through the session!
21st March – Paper Houses – We needed no excuse to have the lovely Keely, our Pimm’s and Needles celebrity, back out teaching sessions for us again. You might have spotted Keely from KP Papercuts, making beautiful papercut designs on TV on Kirstie’s Handmade Christmas a couple of years ago. Keely has taught papercutting for us in the past and also hosts our Hartlepool Group (as we wouldn’t let her leave us!). Keely will be leading a papercutting session with a difference where everyone will be making 3D paper houses, perfect for a battery-operated tea light! These houses look super cute and we know you will love them!
18th April – Grease Sing-a-Long – Ladies, you have been asking us for a singing session for quite some time and we are really excited to let you know that we have found Chris, from The Rise Up Project . Chris is passionate about creating a safe space for people to come and enjoy all the emotional and physical benefits of singing without fear or judgement, no matter what your vocal ability is. The themes of the session is going to be ‘Grease’ with a ‘Pink Lady’ dress code so dig out your pink t.shirts or you might even have a Sandra D outfit at the back of your wardrobe. We will also be fundraising with a tombola and raffle with the proceeds going to the ‘Breast Cancer Awareness’ charity as it’s an amazing cause that fits in with our pink evening perfectly. It’s going to be a fun session!
16th May – Corded Rainbow Workshop – We have the Queen of Macrame, Jess from Knot Worth the Tassle, returning to deliver this Corded Rainbow Workshop. The rainbows are created with a wrapping technique that creates some stunning results. Jess brings a variety of different coloured yarns to choose from and it’s a really lovely relaxed session where you can enjoy a cuppa and a chat!
21st June – Mosaic Workshop – Working with Hayley from Litter Bug Crafts, you’ll make a mosaic to display on a wall or plant pot!
18th July – Eco Session – We have had several requests over the years to offer a session on sustainability and how to be thriftier. We are very excited for you to meet Ruth, from Ecologico, who managed to not buy anything new for a whole year! Ruth will be inspiring you with her story and will also bringing along her shop van, where she sells environmentally friendly items for the home. In addition, you will be taking part in a clothes swish, this is where everyone brings up to 6 items of pre-loved clean clothes, shoes or accessories. You will be given a ticket for every item you bring along and these tickets can then be placed on your desired items. It’s a super fun way to swap clothes and a great way to try something new! We’re sure you will enjoy this thrifty themed session!
15th August – Frida Kahlo Portrait Painting Session – We’re huge Frida fans here at Pimm’s and Needles, not only of her art but as a person as she embraced her individuality and has become a role model of female determination and power. In this session you will be channelling your inner artist whist our tutor, Philppa from The Creation Station, will guide you through the portrait process using a lovely bright colour palette.
We have spaces for new members please follow the link to join below
Group Host: Vicky Evans
1. How long have you been a member of Pimm’s & Needles and why did you want to host a group? I worked with a member from another group and she told me about Pimms and Needles so I joined in 2019. It sounded perfect- and it is, I love the variety of topics and crafts, I am hooked and love the benefits of taking time out to do something for me. I see how other members benefit from this monthly “tonic” and really enjoy the feeling of supporting other women.
2. What do you like best about the groups? I love the craft sessions such as felt baubles and fused glass. Anything creative.
3. What do you generally dislike? I don’t have many dislikes but I’m not that keen on grey skies. Give me sunshine, even on a cold day.
4. What would be your perfect day? This leads on to my perfect day, seaside holidays, on warm summer day. Walking bare foot through the shallows and beach combing for treasure, AKA shells and pebbles.
5. What sweet treat do you love? I have a very sweet tooth and love ice cream sundaes! With all the extras!
6. Your favourite Pimm’s & Needles activity that you have done before? I always love the creative sessions, but really enjoyed our Burlesque workshop, it was so much fun!
7. Interesting or little known fact about you? Some of you may know that I grew up in Australia. But you you are not likely to know I sang in the school choir at the Sydney opera house. Seems a lifetime ago now!