The group meets once a month at Kirk Merrington Village Hall at the following times:
Second Wednesday of the month between 19:00 and 21:00
Our Meetings for the next few months
12th July – Lino printing and card making – Using a special lino cutting tool we’ll create a design to print onto card to craft our own cards
9th August – Calligraphy – This is a session that has been requested for as long as we can remember so we’re delighted to finally be able to offer a session in this beautiful art! We’ll be keeping it simple so you all leave with a lovely card having practiced the writing first. We’re sure it’s a hobby you will continue to practice at home!
13th September – Painted Duck Workshop – We’re super excited to be able to offer this session where everyone will be painting an outfit on their very own wooden duck! Helen and Lesley from Just Like Home supply everything you need and have lots of hints and tips! The quirky wooden ducks have lots of personality so we can’t wait to see what you all do!
11th October – Fimo Jewellery Session – We’re delighted to welcome Sarah from Moon and Jewel to our groups, Sarah is a designer maker specialising in working with fimo clay. During the session you’ll be getting hands on and making a piece of jewellery which Sarah will then bake at the group so you’ll be able to take it home!
8th November – Door Wreaths – Once again our friends at Ravensworth Nurseries will be supplying us with all of the materials to make our very own fresh Christmas Door Wreath. Everything is provided but members are encouraged to bring extra foliage from their gardens to personalise their wreath. This is always a fantastic session, as everybody leaves the session with something that looks amazing and is unique. It is also fantastic value and we love being able to include this session within the price of membership.
13th December – Cookie Decorating – We’re delighted to be working with Jen the Cookie Fairy who makes the most delicious cookies! She will be bringing some of her yummy cookies along to show us how to ice cookies like a professional! This is a hands on workshop where we will all be having a go at icing. It will be interesting to see how many cookies make it out of the door and how many get eaten before the session is over!
10th January – Painted Wooden Houses workshop – Working with Lynn from Forget me not art, you will be painting little wooden houses to make a beautiful mini road. The houses will be attached to driftwood to make your own unique masterpiece!
February – workshop to be confirmed
Group Host: Jacklyn
- How long have you been a member of Pimm’s & Needles and why did you want to host a group? I’ve been a member since 2019, and wanted to be part of a fabulous team that brings together lots of wonderful experiences for our members and see the change in ladies as they step out of their comfort zone, then realise they can do all sorts of things they’d never imagined
- What do you like best about the groups? The cake! Seriously though I love that ladies might come along on their own , but leave with a load of new friends by the end of the session
- What do you generally dislike? I don’t like unkindness and cruelty and rude people
- What would be your perfect day? To start with a sunrise swim at the beach with a lovely lady I met a Pimm’s who sea swims with me , then head to a race track to watch motorbike racing and meet the riders with my husband and daughter, then finish off with a moonrise swim in a river or lake
- What sweet treat do you love? Cherry Bakewell
- Your favourite Pimm’s & Needles activity that you have done before? Definitely Keely’s Papercutting, it’s so relaxing
- Interesting or little known fact about you? I have done a lot of ice swims when I had to chop into the (3 inch thick) ice