The group meets once a month at Croxdale Community Centre at the following times:
- The third Wednesday of the month between 19:30 and 21:30
Our Meetings for the next few months
19th July – Introduction to Calligraphy – This is a session that has been requested for as long as we can remember so we’re delighted to finally be able to offer a session in this beautiful art! We’ll be keeping it simple so you all leave with a lovely card having practiced the writing first. We’re sure it a hobby you will continue to practice at home!
16th August – Painted Wooden Houses workshop – Working with Lynn from Forget me not art, you will be painting little wooden houses to make a beautiful mini road. The houses will be attached to driftwood to make your own unique masterpiece!
20th September – Fimo Jewellery Session – We’re delighted to welcome Sarah from Moon and Jewel to our groups, Sarah is a designer maker specialising in working with fimo clay. During the session you’ll be getting hands on and making a piece of jewellery which Sarah will then bake at the group so you’ll be able to take it home!
18th October – Felted Landscapes Workshop – Everytime we do any kind of wool felting our members are amazed by the fantastic results they can achieve during the session and many have taken felting up as a hobby afterwards. We think this felted landscape session with local felting artist Fiona Marston will be the same, we can’t wait to see what you all make!
15th November – Door Wreaths – Once again our friends at Ravensworth Nurseries will be supplying us with all of the materials to make our very own fresh Christmas Door Wreath. Everything is provided but members are encouraged to bring extra foliage from their gardens to personalise their wreath. This is always a fantastic session, as everybody leaves the session with something that looks amazing and is unique. It is also fantastic value and we love being able to include this session within the price of membership.
20th December – Corded Rainbow Workshop – Working with the lovely Jess from Knot Worth the Tassle you will each be making a pretty corded rainbow keyring. This wrapping technique is very addictive as you can get some amazing results.
17th January – Cookie Decorating – We’re delighted to be working with Jen the Cookie Fairy who makes the most delicious cookies! She will be bringing some of her yummy cookies along to show us how to ice cookies like a professional! This is a hands on workshop where we will all be having a go at icing. It will be interesting to see how many cookies make it out of the door and how many get eaten before the session is over!
February – workshop to be confirmed
Group Host: Lesley Grant
1. How long have you been a member of Pimm’s & Needles and why did you want to host a group? A few years ago I’d been attending a sewing group ran by Charlotte, and she told me about the Pimm’s and Needles groups that were running in Darlington. It sounded amazing, just my kind of thing, so I jumped at the chance to join the Aycliffe Village group as soon as it started. I love everything about Pimm’s and Needles and being a host let’s me be part of sharing that enjoyment, creativity and inspiration with the group members.
2. What do you like best about the groups? I love any and all crafts and trying new things, so Pimm’s and Needles is brilliant. It’s great to experience all these wonderful activities in such a fun, relaxed and friendly way. The members are all so lovely and positive and supportive of each other.
3. What do you generally dislike? That I have to wait a full month until the next session.
4. What would be your perfect day? My perfect day would have to include the beach, it’s just my favourite place to be, whatever the weather: so walking my springer spaniel Blossom, who loves the beach as much as me, open-water swimming in the sea, with a wonderful friend that I met at P&N, or sea-glass and driftwood collecting, for crafting creations with at a later date. All finished off with tea and cake!
5. What sweet treat do you love? Carrot cake – that can’t be too bad right, carrots are good for you!
6. Your favourite Pimm’s & Needles activity that you have done before? This is a difficult choice – I’ve enjoyed everything I’ve had a go at. The life drawing was one I was most surprised by as I was so nervous, but it was such a fun night and the couple who lead it made everyone feel at ease and have a great night.
7. Interesting or little known fact about you? All my dogs names have began with the letter B. It wasn’t an intentional thing to begin with, but now I just can’t change it! Also I’ve had a piece of my artwork used as a front cover of a CD. It’s not a best-selling one so no one will have seen it but nevertheless I’m still proud of it.